Your choice of materials for your wine cellar design have never been so rich. There are standard wood based choices, such as redwood, mahogany or pine along with various forms of metal which can create very contemporary looks. There are also more exotic choices such recycled wine barrels and one of our newest additions Bamboo!
Custom wine cellars constructed with Bamboo racking create a rich and durable product. One that will last for many years without maintenance and is completely sustainable in this age of diminishing resources.
Check out some of our example designs below and consider using Bamboo for your wine cellar project.
Key features of the Bamboo used for our wine cellar designs
- Bamboo is amazing, it is one of the fastest growing plants on the planet
- It is a highly renewable resource
- Farmed just like a crop and replenished with virtually no impact on the environment
- Bamboo can be selectively harvested annually and is capable of complete regeneration without the use of fertilizers or pesticides
- Bamboo is strong and durable it has a tensile strength greater than steel and a weight-to-strength ratio surpassing graphite
- During processing, the sugars present in the bamboo fibers produce a rich, warm caramel color, free of stains, colorants or chemicals
- It is an ideal material to safely store the finest collections of wine
- Nature itself has conditioned bamboo to exist in the humid environment of a wine cellar.
- Produced from FSC (Forest Stewardship Council) certified bamboo
- Low VOC water based stains and acrylic finish
- Easy Edge ladder rails
- Engineered with 3 ¾” niche sizes for 750 bottles
- Nylon connectors are used to create interlocking frames
- This means fast assembly of solid racks free of unsightly screws or nails.
- Includes metal wall mounting brackets.
SEE this great wine room with wood racks in Preston Hollow, Dallas, TX project.
You will notice from the designs that pretty much anything can be created using Bamboo. From the standard caramel to mahogany coloring, shelving and solid diamond bin construction, display arches and angled display rows for your vintage wine collection.