An Expert Can Help You Build Your Dream Texas Wine Cellar
While you can build a wine cellar in any part of your home, remember that where you build your wine cellar will affect how much you spend yearly in cellar-related costs.
The temperature in most wine cellars should be between 55 degrees and 58 degrees, and wine cellars typically have a humidity of between 50% and 75%, so, if possible, pick the coolest and most-humid place in your house and be sure to use the correct amount of insulation and vapor barrier in the wall construction.
Doing so will help you lower your overall costs, because this may allow you to use a smaller-sized cooling unit.
Planning Your Wine Cellar Project
After you’ve picked the spot in your house where you will build your wine cellar, plan carefully. How much money are you willing to invest initially and going forward? What do you want your wine cellar to look like? Can you find building materials locally, or are you going to have to special order materials? Are you prepared to do the work yourself? How will you protect your wine?
Careful assessment of your functional, aesthetic, and budget requirements, will help your chosen builder determine the most suitable wine cooling system, flooring, racking, lighting, and doors.
Wine Cellar Specialists, an expert in wine cellar design and installation, can make your Texas wine cellar a safe haven for your collection, and a beautiful addition to your living space.
Wine Refrigeration System
Your cellar will need the correct size and type of cooling system. The size and location of your cellar are factors that must be taken into account in determining the type and capacity of your climate-control system.
The wrong choice of cooling system can cause temperature fluctuations that can be detrimental to your wines. Wine loses its quality when stored in a room with unstable conditions.
Wine Cellar Specialists offers different types of refrigeration systems to meet the unique requirements of their clients. The only use cooling units from trust manufacturers such as Wine Guardian, US Cellar Systems, CellarPro, and WhisperKool.
Learn more about wine cellar cooling solutions offered by Wine Cellar Specialists.
Wine Cellar Flooring
You can dramatically increase the beauty of your wine cellar by picking amazing flooring.Since it contributes to the overall appeal and functionality of your wine room, the type of your flooring must be chosen carefully.
Don’t limit your thinking to just tile. While you may ultimately go with a tile floor, consider cork or reclaimed wine barrel flooring. Any moisture-resistant material can be used on the floor.
Wine Racks for a Safe and Stunning Texas Wine Cellar
Now, think about the wine you are planning to store. Not all bottles are the same size and shape, so you should think about the type of the wine racks you will install.
Look at all of your options.
Make sure that the cubicles of the standard 750 racks will hold any larger or odd shaped bottles. They need to be at least 3 ¾” wide.
- Do you want to store magnum or larger sized bottles?
- Will you have any larger Champagne bottles in your collection?
- What about the smaller split size?
- Will you want storage for wood cases?
- Do you want all of your bottles in individual cubicles or do you want bulk storage such as X bins or Diamond bins?
- What about display rows?
- Regular display rows or horizontal displays are available in some racking.
- A waterfall style display rack is another possibility.
- Consider the wine you will store and choose storage racks that you think will protect and store your wine the best.
- You may choose wood or metal as material for your racking. Your choice should depend on the look and ambiance that your want for your wine room.
At Wine Cellar Specialists, they consider these important factors in choosing a wine rack design that will store your wines safely and beautifully.
Then there are your wines.
- Do you already have them?
- Are you waiting until your cellar is finished before you get them?
- You’re thinking about a wine cellar, so you must already be a wine aficionado or live with someone who is.
- At the end of the day, a wine cellar without wine is an empty wine cellar.
- When you’re planning your budget for the project, think about how much money you will spend on wines.
- Also, when planning your budget for future years, think about how much you plan to spend on acquiring new wines.
A do-it-yourself wine cellar is not impossible, but it is not easy. A wine cellar may boost your resale value, help you store your collection of wine, and be something to brag about. Let’s face it – how many people do you know who have built their own wine cellars? Or who even have a wine cellar in their home?
Working with a professional wine cellar designer and installer can help you build a safe and exceptional Texas wine cellar.
Wine Cellar Builders – the Professionals
Daunted by how much goes into building a wine cellar? Don’t be. Wine Cellar Specialists can help. No matter where you live or what your wine cellar needs, we can help. Call us at 972-454-0480, or you can e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.